The old days of a couple stuck in the middle of a long head table are gone! The sweetheart table trend, allowing the bride and groom a special table decorated to their theme or taste, is special and separate from the rest of the reception tables.
Sweetheart tables, typically large enough to seat just the bride and groom, are placed in a central location at the reception to honor the new couple. It gives the newlyweds a chance to celebrate together, for the first time as husband and wife.
There are so many options for a sweetheart table, but here are the basic ideas that you should keep in mind:
- Table should be small and intimate, but with enough room to feel comfortable.
- Benches, specialty chairs, or high-end furniture are often added for seating.
- Decorations can reflect the personality of the couple or the theme of the reception.
- Flowers, chandeliers, candelabras, marquee signs, and pictures are often added.
- Fancy linens are a good choice, setting it apart from the other tables.
- Pipe and Drape behind the table creates a nice backdrop.
- Uplighting can add a wash of color behind the table.
- Risers under the table can elevate it, giving the perception of prominence.
A sweetheart table is such a special and creative way to showcase the bride and groom at the reception. It makes the couple feel honored, and the guests can watch the couple celebrate together without the distraction of the wedding party.
If you are planning a wedding reception soon, make sure to include a sweetheart table for your celebration!